- Converted Briefcase to be a PEP518 tool, rather than a setuptools extension. (#266)
- Improved pre-detection of XCode and related tools
- Improved error handling when starting external tools
- Fixed iOS simulator integration
- Updated mechanism for starting the iOS simulator
- Added support for environment markers in
- Improved error handling when Wix isn’t found
- Corrects packaging problem with urllib3, caused by inconsistency between requests and boto3.
- Corrected problems with Start menu targets being created on Windows.
- Added support for launch images for iPhone X, Xs, Xr, Xs Max and Xr Max
- Completed removal of internal pip API dependencies.
- Added support for registering OS-level document type handlers.
- Removed dependency on an internal pip API.
- Corrected invocation of gradlew on Windows
- Addressed support for support builds greater than b9.
- Restored download progress bars when downloading support packages.
- Corrected a bug in the iOS backend that prevented iOS builds.
- Bugfix release, correcting the fix for pip 10 support.
- Added compatibility with pip 10.
- Improved Windows packaging to allow for multiple executables
- Added a
--cleancommand line option to force a refresh of generated code.
- Improved error handling for bad builds
- Improved error reporting when a support package isn’t available.
-soption to launch projects
- Switch to using AWS S3 resources rather than Github Files.
- Added a full Windows installer backend
- Modified template rollout process to avoid API limits on Github.
- Added check for existing directories, with the option to replace existing content.
- Added a Linux backend.
- Added a Windows backend.
- Added a splash screen for Android
- Added a Django backend (@glasnt)
- Added initial Android template
- Force versions of pip (>= 8.1) and setuptools (>=27.0)
- Drop support for Python 2
- Added support for tvOS projects
- Moved to using branches in the project template repositories.
- Added support for Android projects using VOC.
- Added support for having multi-target support projects. This clears the way for Briefcase to be used for watchOS and tvOS projects, and potentially for Python-OSX-support and Python-iOS-support to be merged into a single Python-Apple-support.
- Added support for app icons and splash screens.
Initial public release.